Monday, January 14, 2013

The first month

I don’t want to call me sick but my health condition needs regular checks, especially when it comes to TTC (trying to conceive). The last appointment was in mid December 2012 and starting to try depended only on the results. Luckily, I received “green lights” and we could have used the left over condoms as decoration on New Year’s Eve ;-). Just before Christmas I noticed that we were too late. The big O was before my doctor’s appointment and we missed the chance in that cycle. I was surprised how relax I was. I am not the most patient person and thought I would get nervous. For the next cycle I calculated the big O day and used a fertility chart. As we were on vacation around that time we both were optimistic that we would reach a “whole in one” (getting pregnant during the first trying cycle). Three years ago I was pregnant but had an early loss in week 6. It was an unplanned pregnancy and my hubby is convinced of having “super sperm”. He was absolutely sure having knocked me up at first try.
Some days later I had horrible toothache. I saw my dentist the next day and he wanted to X-ray my tooth. As I thought I might be pregnant he finally started the treatment without any x-ray. Wouldn’t it be funny if there really was a baby on its way because whenever somebody asked whom I told first my answer would be “my dentist”, haha.
8 days after ovulation DH and I went grocery shopping. When I saw the packed meat I immediately felt sick. It seemed that the first symptom had kicked in. The queasiness stayed during the day and returned as soon as I finished my breakfast the next day.
Do you know that a cow on average burps every 40 seconds (no, it’s not the gas from a cow’s back that causes the environmental problems, it comes front)? I started to eruct at least once per minute on that day and felt like a cow. Also new were slight cramps, especially in the evening. These three symptoms accompanied me during the past days and my hope of really being pregnant rose from day to day.
Another thing that came up 8 days past ovulation was impatience. I decided to take the first pregnancy test 2 till 4 days before my period was due as I wanted to avoid a false negative. But waiting for that day to come was horrible. It was close to freaking me out. So I had another reason to hope for being pregnant because I'm not keen on another month of waiting until I can test. I bought a sensitive test and waited for the second line to show but nothing happened. At that day the symptoms vanished away. It seems that my psych is very strong and manipulative. You could also call it wishful thinking. But it was early and as long as my period doesn’t start there is some hope left. I will test again tomorrow morning and will see what the test shows.

Love,
Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment