Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pregnancy tests

There are several tests on the market and it can be confusing when it comes to choosing the most suitable.
example of a digital pregnancy test
Before you think about the test you should know what will be tested. It's about the level of the pregnancy hormone hCG. It doubles every other day during the first trimester. Some tests are very sensitive detecting a level of 10. Digital tests often need 25. If you're impatient you better take a sensitive one as it might show a second line some days before your period would be due. A digital one could show a false negative if the hormone level was too low. I had both kind of tests and a digital one saying „not pregnant“ can feel like a slap in the face.
my big fat negative "slap in the face" pregnancy test
I would only use this one again if I was absolutely sure about being pregnant and if I wanted to take a picture or inform the daddy to be but I don't recommend it for the first or early test.
Love,
Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment